my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

3.30.2008

I'm a Classicist *preen*

Two brief thoughts on perfume that i just posted on Twitter (since I have zero followers on that "killer app" and I know I have at least two readers here. Oh, one. Because Doug doesn't care about perfume).

I'm either in a rut or have become a classicist. What I love now is what I've loved for three years.

Tell me what's better than Ormonde Jayne? Than the early Serge Lutens? Than the F. Malle greats: Une Rose and Musc Ravageur? Than select Guerlains and Carons?

Somehow I've lost the lust to follow every new niche brand. What's wrong with me?

Or what's right?
Persephone, Bernini

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Persephone is such a glass-half-empty drama-seeker.

What is right with you has so many possible answers, none of which come in a bottle

11:07 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

D, don't think for a minute that I can't follow a double entendre, big guy. *um, what DID you mean by that Persephone remark?* *oh, I don't care.* xoxo

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I feel eggzactly like you, M (except for the Musc Ravageur bit, or it Musk Revengar or Revanger). I haven't kept up, nor do I want to. And the publication of a certain book this week is making me want to emigrate (oh, that wouldn't do it... OK... stay in bed and only reappear when the hype is over).

Qu'est-ce que c'est Twitter? (Off to find out.)

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Mireille, I think that all your following the new brands for so many years made you end up here: now you know what you want. ;-)

I am concerned, though, what is that man doing to that boy?

11:22 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Ariel, you make me grin. xoxo

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home