my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

4.20.2008

I Got Something Anyway

I got a flu shot. I wash my hands religiously. I aim my patented glare at people who cough on the bus (I don't care if they can't help it). I boil pens and paper after my ill coworkers touched them and avoided them completely if I could help it. And yet, I'm in bed sick. I've been blowing my nose for two days. My head aches. I sneeze.
I'm only on this blog right now to tell you how sorry I feel for myself.
If I die, remember me as the sweet, good-tempered, never-sarcastic dear person I never was.
God, I feel awful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

I'm so sorry about your misery! Flu is terrible, and everybody says, just a flu, you'll be over, and this is terrible, too. Get well soon!

*sneeze*

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I see Ariel changed her avatar in sympathy. Truly, you have a friend in Budapest. And one in L.A. I'll remember you as a complexly smelling, elaborately spelling, sexually dangerous classicist. It's what you would have wanted.

6:38 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

damn, Doug. You know me, you really know me. And A loves me, too. I can't die now. xoxo

6:49 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Oh, poor you! Hope you feel better soon. :-)

(Ariel, this is not the flu; it's a very bad cold. Anyone with the flu wouldn't be able to post about it. )

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home