my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.24.2007

Deathswitch

I remember Tom, of Tom and Icy (My Dogs' Daze), being concerned at one time about what would happen if he were to suddenly die ... none of us would know what had happened, why he had suddenly disappeared.

Well, apparently there is a solution for all of us. Macabre, but a solution.

http://www.deathswitch.com/

Check out the services section: "Bridging Mortality"

I promise not to leave you guys without advance warning. honest.


photo by the MIT Computer Architecture Group

7 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Deathclock.com says I won't die until March of 2014, so I have a little time left to warn people.

6:44 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

thank God!! xoxo

4:19 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

This is an interesting service! But with my kids and grandkids, I guess I don't have to worry that the word of my death won't get out.

1:28 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

that's just too funny. thank you, Mireille!

4:34 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

What happens if your ISP suspends your Internet service for a couple of months? Sca-ry! I don't want my passwords to be given out to all and sundry until they've stuck a pin into me to check I'm really dead.

7:51 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

OK, but what if, with all the prompting and questioning as to my welfare I end up killing someone? I might just be in prison.

And thanks, Tom. I'll start saving for a nice dark suit now.

4:27 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

yeah, it's irritating when people are checking on your welfare all the time. You just wanna say, "Let me be dead in peace, dammit!" xoxo

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home