my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

1.21.2007

There Are No Miracles, however ....

It's not just because I'm being forced to listen to the second football game of the day blaring in the background ... that my heart and mind turn to cosmeceuticals.

No, I have a deep and abiding belief in better skin care through chemistry. I have used MD Forte products for a long time, and about a year ago added some products by Cellular Skin Rx to my skin care lineup ... both product lines with serious science underpinning their products' efficacy.

And now I have a new recommendation for you: SkinMDNatural's Shielding Lotion.

Seattle has had one of its roughest winters that I can remember -- cold, cold, cold -- and the air has been drier than usual. Conditions that are hard on skin.

Jim has rosacea, I'm prone to eczema and we both have sensitive skin. But we've been using the Shielding Lotion for nearly two weeks and it is providing significant comfort to face, hands, backs and feet. What the heck, it's good all over.

There's an herbal/homeopathic element to the product that I like -- it has aloe, arnica, comfrey, yarrow and chamomile, as well as vitamin E. It also has 'cones ... "a proprietary blend, consisting of several different dimethicones, that offer a very high degree of protection to the skin..." which I hope won't keep skin care mavens from trying this effective product (I had no adverse reaction from it, it doesn't clog pores, its protective quality really lasts a long time).

You can check out Skin MD Natural's site content (http://www.skinmdnatural.com) for all the science I am not explaining here -- but what I can tell you is that it's a product that makes my skin look and feel better, it's an excellent base for makeup and has made my legs non-itchy for the first time in a couple of months. I think you should try it.

Especially if you live in Wyoming or Colorado, which are even worse than Washington (C and P, you know I'm talkin' to you.)



4 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

Wow, that sounds good! Obviously, we can't get it here. What a surprise!

6:31 PM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

I was so excited to see this post -- have very dry skin with eczema, and refuse to give up my retin a (which is worse? wrinkles or eczema?) so my face is a blotchy mess at the moment. But the 'cones are an absolute no go for me. Give me a rash.

Will add my own skin care find of the year: Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel. Supposed to calm irritated skin. It does, and it is a fun bright green color. Expensive, but I buy samples on ebay for not too much $$. Also love their vitamin C serums.

6:59 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I could a skin miracle right about now.

8:31 AM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

THANK YOU! for over 50 years, i've never ever had problems with my skin, but for some reason, this year Mother Nature has decided to wreak havoc on my face (even as my grown children attempt to wreak havoc in my life).

i'll try it and let ya know what i think! (thus far, i've worked partially through a jar of La Prairie *and* Fresh Creme Ancienne, to no avail. i'm so desperate i'm tempted to slather Aquaphor on my face -- needless to say, i'd rather not.) neva xox

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home