my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

12.28.2006

It Was The Best of Years ...

Because I love Annie and Blogdorf Goodman, I'm taking time out from my box-packing ways to bring you my Best of the Year.

Beauty. It's a burden. A responsibility. Here's how I did it in 2006. (Please hold your applause until all the winners are announced.)

Cellular Skin Rx SuperMax Multi-Peptide Skin Solution Serum
Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming Serum
MD Forte I and II Cleanser or

Aveda Tourmaline Exfoliating Cleanser
Aveda Tourmaline Charged Moisturizer
Jane Iredale Circle/Delete concealer in 1
Aveda Dual Foundation in Cream
MAC eyeliner pencil in Phone Number
Aveda Shadow Plus Vitamins in Olivine
Jane Iredale pure pressed blush in Whisper
Clinique Lash Doubling mascara
Revlon Colorstay Overtime lipcolor in Bare Maximum, rubbed off to a stain
Fragrance: Ormonde Jayne Tolu if you force me to choose
Nail polish: the I Will Survive set from Lippmann Collection for fingers; anything dark red for toes.

Hey, I'm a minimalist. (And, no, I do not look like Marie Antoinette with all this stuff on. Blend! Blend! Blend!)



Special mention goes to the Besame product line, with which I have a fascination ... I've written of their retro-themed products; favorites include their Cotton Candy lipglaze and Sweet Pink rouge. When you want to make a glamour statement, please try these lovely -- and beautifully presented -- products.

Check out my sister bloggers for the REALLY strange, wonderful and expensive (I'm going to) ...


  • Afrobella
  • All About The Pretty

  • Aromascope

  • Beauty Addict

  • Beauty Blogging Junkie
  • Beauty by Nadine

  • Beautiful Makeup Search & Beauty Blog
  • Beauty Hatchery

  • Beauty Jones

  • Blogdorf Goodman

  • Bois de Jasmin

  • BonBons in the Bath

  • Brain Trapped in Girl's Body

  • Capital Hill Barbie

  • C'est Chic

  • Coquette

  • Crazy Jay Blue
  • eBeautyDaily

  • Girl's Handbook

  • Hautemommastuff

  • Koneko's *Mostly* Beauty Diary!

  • Legerdenez

  • Makeup Bag

  • Monkeyposh

  • My Muse

  • No one knows why the wolf laughs

  • Now Smell This

  • Perfume Smellin' Things

  • Peppermint Patty's Perfume Posse

  • Platinum Blonde Life

  • Product Girl

  • Scentzilla!

  • She'll Be Feverish After So Much Thinking

  • Slap of the Day

  • The Customer Is Always Right

  • The Daily Obsession

  • The Great She Elephant

  • The Life As A Ladybug
  • The Non-Blonde

  • Urbane Girl

  • Victoria's Own


  • and have a beautiful 2007!

    14 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    minimalism is great... the rest of us can learn a thing or two from you! :)

    10:15 PM

     
    Blogger Annieytown said...

    God...I love Tolu.

    I forgot to mention my skincare finds. I forgot so much M.

    I really need to explore the Besame line. You have been raving since the beginning!!!!

    Have a quick and drama-free move!!!
    )))M(((

    6:25 AM

     
    Blogger NowSmellThis said...

    LOL at "a burden and a responsibility"...so true, so true. I mostly uphold the smelling good part and let the rest go to seed :-)

    Happy New Year M!!

    7:46 AM

     
    Blogger Marina said...

    Aveda Tourmaline Exfoliating Cleanser sounds like a must-try. Exfoliating fanatic here :-)
    Happy New Year!

    8:55 AM

     
    Blogger TLP said...

    I just can't live up to the responsibility of it all! I'm a minimalist too. I'm wearing Chapstick and ... well, just clothes.

    9:10 AM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tolu is on my list of must try asap. I'm also a huge fan of Besame. The lip glaze is amazing. So much glamour in such a small thing.
    Happy New Year and good luck in your move.

    10:53 AM

     
    Blogger Victoria said...

    Great list, I love Tolu, you must try it in the gel!!
    Happy New Year! - Victoria

    11:07 AM

     
    Blogger katiedid said...

    I suddenly realize I've never tried any of Aveda's shadows or their foundations (and I love dual foundations)... the hair stuff seems to catch my eye first, and then the lippies, and somehow I have overlooked the rest of the line.

    Great list, lots of fun ideas there for next year's "must tries."

    Happy New Year to you, too, M :)

    2:44 PM

     
    Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

    These lists are going to break me because I am buying all kinds of stuff after reading them. Happy New Year and speedy packing.

    6:27 PM

     
    Blogger Bela said...

    Besame, besame mucho! LOL! Wanna try their products. Not available in UK. :-(

    Tolu is a puzzle: I disliked it intensely in EDP form, yet love the mini candle I have of it. It sits on a chest of drawers next to my desk and I adore the whiffs I get from it from time to time. Go figure!

    Happy New Year, sweet M!

    7:27 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great List!

    I love MAC's phone number, too!
    I feel a Besame order is definitely in my future!
    Thanks for the great recs!

    9:30 AM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL! Yes, I felt a little worried about my list, I wish I was nice and concise like you!
    I really like the DHc Tourmaline mask, so I will have to try the Aveda sometime soon.

    Happy New Year!

    3:58 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Besame's stuff smells so good too. I have yet to be disappointed by any of their products. I love this project because it just adds so much to my wishlist. Your list just made me add 4 things. :)

    Happy New Year!

    6:02 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    great list. happy 2007!!! :)

    5:35 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home