my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.12.2005

Warning: Arcane Perfume Post

But first, Happy Birthday to Doug of Waking Ambrose (please access his blog through the link at right) ... the oral historian of our neighborhood, and a truly nice man. *MWAH* Doug!

back to regular programming ...
Please look at these notes (courtesy of bela):

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque: currants, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, strong Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper oil, vanilla.

Serge Lutens Chergui: Honey, musk, leather, incense, tobacco leaf, hay sugar, amber, iris, rose, sandalwood.

Next: Last night before I went to bed, I put on Fumerie Turque and spent the last few minutes of consciousness wondering "who IS this person I'm smelling?" It's a dense, complicated, very adult scent that I frankly don't feel mature enough to wear when I first apply it.

I wake up this morning, though, to its softened drydown version ... and it is so comfortable, soft and accessible. I love it.

And: This morning, to fortify myself for studying, I put on Chergui ... and it is the strangest thing. Chergui is Fumerie Turque's younger sister. Chergui at first application starts where Fumerie Turque dried down! A softer, immediately more accessible fragrance that softens down to a faint smokily floral etherea.

Admittedly, few people care about information of this ilk. But hope it was interesting to those few! Have a good weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

mmmmm, yum. I am weargin Chergui this morning in honour of this post. Lovely!
Have a productive day of studying.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

still can't spell, dang!

9:13 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aw. Mwah to you, Mireille. Beyond that I have little to add.

12:58 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

You know that I don't know much about scents, but I can and do enjoy reading about them! I have a good imagination, plus I enjoy nice smells.

My problem is that scents change on me while I'm wearing them. Then I don't like them as well.

Plus I've had my feelings hurt when someone says that they are allergic to scents, etc. This was at work. So I gave up.

2:13 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

TLP, that scent change is interesting ... could be hormones or something else to do with body chemistry!? And please don't give up on scent. You're not at work now so you can smell however! xoxo

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

What's happened to my comment? Blogger ate it again. I said that I agreed about Fumerie Turque and Chergui being closely related (but, then, all SL's scents have the SL 'je ne sais quoi'.

TLP, what sort of perfume have you tried? Have you come across 'niche' fragrances at all?

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

I don't do perfume. But I do wish y'all a great weekend!

8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMMmmmmm. I DO care. I can't wear Chergui, or love it, but the Fumerie Turque is another thing. I could consume a whole bottle of that one. I'm older than you in my left nostril.

~C

7:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home