my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.29.2005

Her Royal Surliness Presents ...

The Princess of Pique is having a nostalgic moment tonight. And sees fit to regale you with the lyrics from an old favorite Beatles song. (Unfortunately, not from Revolver, which would go with the illustration. Dammit. But from Meet the Beatles (thank you, Aral.) (Good song, nonetheless.)

You know you made me cry
I see no use in wondering why
I cried for you.

And now you've changed your mind,
I see no reason to change mine.
It's through. oh.

You're giving me the same old line
I'm wondering why:
You hurt me then
You're back again
No, no, no, not a second time.

You know you made me cry
I see no use in wondering why
I cried for you.

And now you've changed your mind,
I see no reason to change mine.
It's through. Oh.

You're giving me the same old line
I'm wondering why:
You hurt me then,
You're back again,
No, no, no, not a second time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

I love the faux "Revolver" cover! That's great. Geez, "Not a Second Time"... I'll have to put on an early Beatles LP... I haven't heard that in ages. Yup, in America that was on the cleverly titled "The Beatles Second Album".

8:25 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Good song. I'd forgotten it completely. Hope you're not actually sad about something.

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Geez... It's been so long since I listened to my early Beatles -- I'm always listening from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road.... I woke up this morning realizing, "Not a Second Time" is on "Meet the Beatles". Silly me!

7:04 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

beatles-unrelatedly, i am trying in vain to wade throughd my spam-ridden inbox (in which i spotted a mail from you), but arrrgggghhh

anyhoo, just to say, it's best if you email me on address featured on my blogger profile from now on (taking out the anti-spam bit in caps)

hiya!
UC x

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Fred said...

I've tried to get my students hooked on The Beatles; no real success yet.

What TLP said - I hope all is well.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Annieytown said...

Perfect lyrics with a great picture.
Huge hugs M!
I am not sure you needed a hug...but just in case.

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home