my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

4.07.2007

Childhood Memory of Easter

I can remember being a small child in church on Easter Sunday, standing with the crowd, belting out this hymn of triumph. I loved it then; I love it now.

A joyous Easter season to my Christian friends. Share the memory of this hymn with me:


Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

Hail the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia!
Praise to thee by both be given, Alleluia!
Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia!
Hail the Resurrection, thou, Alleluia!

King of glory, soul of bliss, Alleluia!
Everlasting life is this, Alleluia!
Thee to know, thy power to prove, Alleluia!
Thus to sing, and thus to love, Alleluia!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trina said...

I've always loved this hymn! It's right up there with "For the Beauty of the Earth" and "Holy, Holy, Holy!" for me.

9:25 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Happy Easter lovely lady!

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

aaaa-aaaa-aaa-aaaaa-lleluia!
That is a good one.

Happy Easter

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

That's one of my favorite hymns! I'm not religious, but I was raised Methodist and have always loved the music part of it. :-)

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

My comment disappeared for three days.

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home