my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

3.28.2007

Better Than Bette Davis Eyes

Speaking as someone who is fairly undiscriminating about mascara -- and who tends to underestimate the value of sitting still and carefully applying it so one doesn't end up looking like a drunk raccoon ... well, I've Seen The Light.


I now know what my life has been missing and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.


Yes, Besame ... www.besamecosmetics.com ... Besame of the lovely ladylike packaging, Besame of the LikeMyrnaLoyButBetter cosmeticry ... Besame has come up with the quintessential mascara: Sculpture Lash.


It's so pretty in its florally engraved tube ... another elegant product.


I'll let you know exactly how life-changing it is. Stay tuned.
Edit: the Besame Sculpture Lash is exquisite. A conditioning, lash-lengthening miracle. I'm not kidding ... it's a wonderful mascara.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

Mascara was the first product I ever used, around the age of 16, when make-up wasn't allowed at my lycée. It felt very wicked. I now wear it only when I go out in the evening. I'm glad you found a gem. Mine is by Chanel; I don't love it that much.

I'm slightly disturbed by seeing the face of Myrna Loy next to Bette Davis's name. I know you mention her too, but I still find it disturbing. LOL!

4:59 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

you're right, Bela. although I like Myrna more than Bette, if I'm gonna play the metaphor, I gotta pay the price. xoxo

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Aha, now we can see what you mean. :-)

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home