my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.10.2006

Small Price to Pay

Yup, no creams, liquids, gels, *perfume* in that carry-on luggage. And, in exchange, you apparently, hopefully, will not be blown out of the sky over the Atlantic Ocean.

Heartfelt thanks to the United Kingdom and their MI5 for their vigilance. May they -- and U.S. Homeland Security -- be forewarned and forearmed against the evil, malicious minds who keep trying ... and who, this time, failed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

I haven't flown anywhere for years (not because I'm afraid of being blown up in the air) and I'm not planning to board a plane in the very near future, but I think it would indeed be a small price to pay for peace of mind.

7:18 PM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

As someone said - and I am truly sorry that I don't remember who - the trouble is that the intelligence services/police need to be lucky all the time. The terrorists only need to be lucky once.

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home