my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

3.12.2006

Five Weird Things About Me

Thanks to bela, I'm here to tell you five weird things about me. This is harder than it looks, because what may look like weird to others is, naturally, natural to me.

Lemme think. I really am not sure these are so weird, but anyway:

1. I like to hibernate. Especially in the winter. Nothing makes me happier than to know I don't have to go anyplace for two or three days, the weather is rotten outside, everybody I love is safe, and I have enough Cadbury chocolate to last the duration.

2. Can't stand having a particular place on my neck/back touched. Again, this seems natural to me. I have a six-inch incision on the back of my neck. Beneath that scar is a steel plate and six screws. Beneath the plate is a bone graft from my hip. DON'T TOUCH ME THERE. Thank you.

3. I feel I have an integral navigational and safety officer role to play when Jim is driving. It involves screaming at intersections: STOP! STOP! WE'RE GOING TO DIE! STOP! When we're on the freeway, I also like to point out non-safe drivers, the mistakes they're making and will make, and I like to give them dirty looks as we pass them.

4. I provide constant color commentary during political talkshows. It usually involves muttering, "He's an idiot. He's such a jerk. Liar. What an ass. (Directed to interviewer:) If you believe that, you're stupider than you look." Jim sometimes watches FoxNews to get a view opposing all that is right and true, and he deals with me during that time by hiking the volume up and drowning me out.

5. I love any kind of true crime television, especially the ones that involve highly descriptive autopsies. Sometimes I like to give my diagnosis before the pathologist does. I often am right. (Especially fun when there is much discussion of specific body parts thrown around, i.e. scapula, femur, tibia, clavicle. Or soft tissue stuff. I love that language.)

There you have it. I ask that, if you would like to share five strange things about yourself, you tag yourself. *MWAH*

11 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I have too many things that are weird about me to narrow them down to just five.

I'll bet you have a hard time with security at the airport! :)

11:00 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

This all seems right and good to me!

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numbers 1, 3 and 4 are mine! MINE, do you hear??? Except switch the name David for Jim and you have... me. C'est MOI! Oh man, the names I call Chris Matthews and his idiot cohorts. I read your three aloud to my husband and he raised his eyebrows and said "you need to insert on a comment on that one." So, soulmate, give me a hug ;D. (Fox News, however, has never and will never gather breath in my house.)

1:06 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

*body slams Laura* Homey! ♥ xoxo

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I thought I said weird things, M! There are times when I read your blog and go, "????", but, in fact, we are one and the same person, except that my metal bits are inside my right eye and no one can touch me there. LOL! xoxo

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

1. I'm me.
2. I'm me.
3. I'm me.
4. I have trouble counting.

6:43 AM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

Ooooh, hibernation. Wondering if anybody would notice my climbing under my desk for a while...move over, dog.

I have a large scar just below my left knee where I had a bicycling accident, circa age 11. Can't stand anybody touching me there. Tell me if there's a body part name for that that begins with F, cause the other places I don't like being touched (feet, face) do.

#3...ROFL!


Wonderful to get a little glimpse into the live of M.

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Mimey said...

feet, face, frontofleg?

Oh hibernation. Others seem to get claustrophobic and bored when the curtains are drawn and the door stays locked. I LOVE IT. All a question of a change from the norm, probably, and I spend far too long at work.

10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah-you're not weird!
You're Special :-)

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing particularly weird there, I HATE being touched on my scar.
You are wonderful!

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

I'm obsessed with true crime television!

6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home