my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

2.10.2006

Meet Francie

So tonight I receive a box from my dear friend, clearing. Never mind that I owe her a box ... I get a box on my doorstep.

I love getting mail from her. There's always perfume involved! And beautiful wrappings! And girl stuff! And ... And it's a Valentine's box!

Excited (and guilty), I take a razor blade to the box and carefully open it, lifting out the first layer of bubble wrap.

Awwwwwww, there's a gold and lace Valentine right on top. Awwwwww.

And a note on one of the beautifully wrapped packages. That says: "Francie."

FRANCIE? Who's Francie? WHO'S FRANCIE????????

Well. *snif* Maybe clearing sent a box to the wrong person. *snif* All this beautiful stuff, not for me. *snif*

But, to make sure, I do the revolutionary thing. No, not email. I PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL HER. YES! I actually speak to her, and say -- "Um. This is a gorgeous box. Who's Francie?"

I should explain. Clearing has three daughters and still has one foot in the Barbie era. Turns out that Francie is Barbie's good friend. And this is clearing's gentle joke on me:

I'M FRANCIE!

I get to keep the box! La La La La La!

And it has a sample of vintage Shiseido Nombre Noir in it!!

Good thing I'm Francie.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That's a fantastic story M. C is such a generous friend.

I can hardly believe you phoned...I know how you hate talking on the phone. This is noteworthy!:-)

Happy Valentines day.
xoxo
L

7:32 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Yup, L. the only other person I like talking on the phone to is you. And you know I'm still only good for about five minutes before I say "Well, have to let you go." *grin* xoxo

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh, that is so sweet! I'll have to call you again soon and make you squirm :-)

7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL, Francie. that's fabulous.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Mimey said...

She looks like the kinda girl who carries an air of style regardless of what she wears. Who'd've thought that green would work with that blue?

1:04 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Hi Francie,
If you were on my hockey team, I bet we'd call you "Frenchy". Wow, you CALLED? That is radical!

6:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~such a fun sense of style and always busy making people smile, Francie.

You look *F A B* in that outfit, dolly. Hey can I borrow it? We're exactly the same size!!! I want to wear it tonight. I'm going out with Ken! He's got a new look you know...sort of tough. He bought a new black leather jacket. He even dyed his hair!!

Yeah...I decided to take him back.

Love

Barbie

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Nice pressies!

I've had a very deprived childhood: never had a Barbie - or a Francie. :-(

You look very stylish in that outfit.

10:45 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Awww...That Clearing. How absolutely sweet.

So, you're Francie. I had no idea. Fun.

11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget all the hugs and mushy stuff.

The NOMBRE NOIR!!! How WAS it!!

(♥ clearing ♥ you ♥)

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Quelle Surprise!

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Ok, that story is adorable. And I love Clearing. And I miss her. You are so lucky you get to be her Francie!!!!! :-)

xoxoxxo KM

BTW: Word verification was "obannwtg": a new species of Orangutang found in the recently discovered virgin jungles of Indonesia... :-)

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

What Bela did not tell you is that she has a Barbie now that she bought herself about three years ago.

And a Bratz Pez (nods to TLP and family).

Ha ha, Bela - you shouldn't tell me your secrets.

Nombre Noir - you lucky thing, M. What a treat!

4:02 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

oh Lulu, you are SO IN TROUBLE. xoxo *pssst, Bela. I bought myself one ten years ago.* xoxo

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home