my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.07.2005

Where I Wish I Was


song by Joni Mitchell

Blue,
songs are like tattoos
You know I’ve been to sea before
Crown and anchor me
Or let me sail away

Hey blue,
here is a song for you
Ink on a pin
Underneath the skin
An empty space to fill in

Well there’re so many sinking now
You’ve got to keep thinking
You can make it thru these waves

Everybody’s saying
that hell’s the hippest way to go
Well I don’t think so
But I’m gonna take a look around it though

Blue, I love you

Blue, here is a shell for you
Inside you’ll hear a sigh
A foggy lullaby
There is your song from me

Today's fragrance: Jo Malone French Lime Blossom with notes of lime blossom, bergamot and tarragon, not so much a perfume as a caribbean state of mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Gah! Jo Malone - another perfume house I've yet to try... the list of houses I've yet to dip my toes in is so long.

That picture is one I just want to dive into. What location is the shot of? Looks like Bali to me, because of the water color - but then I guess that could just be a photographic filter or effect.

6:01 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

K - Wish I knew ... all it said was caribbean. It was the color of the water that did it for me. Only thing better would be a pink sand beach. xoxoxo

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Joni Mitchell is SO awesome.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

I wish I'd seen the pictures - can't you leave them up for a few days? Please?

Anyway, I MUST find this song! I've never heard it before, but it was obviously written for me, with my blue jay tattoo, ink underneath the skin. What a poet.

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I love that whole album. I missed the pic too! Bummer.

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home