my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

5.02.2005

For The Love Of All That Is Holy ...


Could we please remember that there is a war in Iraq, there is genocide in Darfur, social security is at risk and our health care system is a mess?

And, in light of all this, could we PLEASE stop wall-to-wall CNN coverage of the RUNAWAY BRIDE?

Send her a bill for the $60,000 spent on her womanhunt, congratulate her fiance on the real winner he's decided he still wants to spend his life with ...

AND PLEASE LET IT GO.

4 Comments:

Blogger Annieytown said...

I just know that the fiance's mother has to be going crazy with his decision to stay with this woman. He needs an intervention! I swear this is his sign from the gods....run. He has been given a chance and he just does not see it.
BTW: She better pay that 60 grand bill. She should "downgrade" the wedding to pay for it.

This is a story that just makes me so angry. I am glad that I am missing it being played out in the media.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

This counry trives on an odd, twisted story. In my opinion, I bet this women has some mental health issues which made her fake her own abduction, which means that some counseling, a visit to a psychiastrist, and medication, would put it all into proper perspective.

4:00 AM

 
Blogger Sand said...

I'd rather hear about the runaway bride that who's going to the Michael Jackson trial. I mean come on - sleeping in the same bed with little boys! What is wrong with the parents of these boys?

5:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I often tell my husband, after a particularly horrifying REAL event, "We,, it won't be long before we get another celebrity scandal or missing woman newsfest." Anything to keep the public's minds off the real problems facing this world -- it's like real life as a TV show, only we all tune in to the commercials and miss the actual event.

Sigh.

4:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home