my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

4.27.2005

Reconsidering FM Iris Poudre

Yesterday I wore Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre as I accompanied Jim to the hospital where we spent four hours ... for a thirty-minute procedure.

Out of boredom, restlessness and occasional twinges of fear, I kept pulling my turtleneck up over my nose to get a better whiff.

(Probably not the most elegant look, and one more suited to a psychiatric rather than gastrointestinal unit.)

The fragrance comforted me. Musk and vanilla, sandalwood and vetiver (does iris really have a scent? Tonka bean is mentioned in the notes, but not iris).Maybe one should just assume the iris is there.

In any case, I don't care, I get softness, comfort from it. And that's what I needed yesterday.

Far from being the aloof classic I had earlier described, Iris Poudre became the perfect security scent that I wrapped around me to keep warm.

I'm going to go put some more on.

2 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I thought I posted about Iris Poudre already. I will post again.

When I first wore it, I did not like it very much. There was a 'urine note' in it that made me retreat.

Next time, I absolutely loved it. I have used my entire decant and then some. But I am a big Frederic Malle fan. His L'Eau d'Hiver has iris too, but it is sweeter and more powdery in form.

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

This arrived in the Frederic Malle box. It wasn't recommended to me the first time so I'm curious to see how I'd like it.

3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home