my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.19.2007

Provocateur

It has been eons since I wrote a perfume review ... and I just don't have it in me to do one tonight.

However, I wore Agent Provocateur today and had a whole day of thinking, "Who smells so good? Oh, it's ME!"

Here's Provocateur review redux (from C'est Chic June 13, 2006):

According to Wikipedia, "agent provocateur is a person employed to associate with suspected individuals or groups with the purpose of inciting them to commit acts which will make them liable for punishment ... "" ... as a proper noun, Agent Provocateur may refer to ... a British lingerie brand ..." which coincidentally has a fragrance of the same name. One of my favorites, Agent Provocateur is a seductive vapor of Moroccan rose, Indian saffron, Egyptian jasmine, French magnolia oil, vetivert, amber, and animalic musk. See? Not all bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Two smell crimes come to my mind, 1) when a hungry person smells food and steals it or kills someone to be able to steal it, 2) when a horny man smells woman and does what men do, although the woman doesn't agree. Those can bring on punishment. But maybe the jury will be yielding if the perpetrator smells good.

9:29 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I'm too old for this kind of smell.

Question: why is the blah blah about using html in this message in German?! 'Sie können HTML-Tags verwenden' Curious.

And I've got a rude verification thingy: emzlofuq. Curiouser.

5:13 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Ariel, that's much too thoughtful a reply to a perfume post.

Bela, Ich weiss nicht.

XOXO

5:39 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Well, I like the name and the look.

6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home