my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.22.2006

On Gratitude

Gratitude is a tough one for me ... for some reason, I am afraid that if I express -- or even think about -- how fortunate I am, it will somehow jinx it. That acknowledging good fortune somehow puts it in jeopardy.

Neuroses? You be the judge.

All I know is that I am one fortunate cookie.

I love and am loved.

I have a big, furry dog.

A decent representative of the turkey species (admittedly headless) is in the refrigerator waiting my attention in the morning.

I have an *ahem* challenging job that seems to be expanding my interest in it, rather than my prior experience of a job diminishing in interest the longer I'm at it.

I have a proverbial boatload of perfume.

I have good friends and decent coworkers.

My body works.

My mind works.

My life works.

There, God, I've said it all. And thank You.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jim! ♥

7:46 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and give Bucky a bit of dark meat for me, okay? Enjoy your holiday!

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Jim and Brer Bucky.

I got you, and am content.

6:23 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving M.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

belated happy thanksgiving, M


UC

2:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home