my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.04.2006

The Importance of One Vote

I don't have a stump speech, although anyone who has read this blog knows which side of the stump I'd come out on ... but I did want to encourage all Americans of every stripe to vote.

Strike a blow against nihilism and have faith that the machines aren't rigged/hacked/ otherwise molested: Vote.

Remember how many people have bled and are bleeding to guarantee your right to: Vote.

Know that two years is a long time, there is a great deal of repair to be done and the only way to get started is to: Vote.

Understand that you'll have no right to complain (and what an infinitely empty blogosphere it would be without complaining) if you fail to: Vote.

Please. Vote.

3 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

The eligible non-voting population of the US is equal to the entire nation of France I've heard.
My friends and relatives know better than to complain around me if they didn't vote, I have NO patience for that.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Since I'm not a British subject (no citizens here!) I cannot vote in the 'big' elections. Paying a huge percentage of my meagre income in taxes entitles me to moan - at least a bit, I believe.

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mireille, if I don't vote tomorrow I'll wear a scent of your choosing for a week.

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home