my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

1.15.2006

You Want Another 28 Days? Keep the Cap.

Right now I am looking intently at a one-inch patch of reddened skin on my wrist which may be my eczema in a new location OR IT MAY BE NECROTIZING FASCIITIS!!!

This is what it's like when I study. I'm sitting at my desk, dutifully transcribing notes and

my. mind. wanders.

For a while it wandered to the right side of my head, where my right eye was looking at the Colts/Steelers game. We lost a bottle-of-scotch bet last night when the Pats bit the dust. And I kind of wanted the Colts to win it, just for Tony Dungy's sake. But those Steelers are mean. And big. They remind me of the Raiders. I don't like the Raiders. They are the Seahawks' nemesis, although apparently not this year.

See. This is what happens. My mind just takes off.

I need to get back to my IP notes.

But my wrist itches. I wonder if it really is necrotizing fasciitis. Maybe I'll go google necrotizing fasciitis ... I like saying it: necrotizing fasciitis ... necrotizing fasciitis ... necrotizing fasciitis ...

Today's fragrance: My last three drops of Ormonde Jayne's genius creation of rose and saffron, Ta'if (ahh, Maller, the monster you created). *puts head down on desk and sobs* *fantasizes about receiving huge bottle of Ta'if and all its ancillary scent products for graduation present*

Best Last Words Department:
Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922)
Bell fell in love with and married one of his deaf students, Mabel Hubbard. When Bell was stricken with a fatal illness and lay dying, Mabel whispered to him, "Don't leave me." He signed into her palm: "No."

15 Comments:

Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

What is going on over there are you having a lot of rain? Well I guess obviously by the cartoon... a little slow this morning sorry.

I've got nothing but extremely cold weather and snow drifts. But not pretty snow, just that small blustery type. Yuck!

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Got the snorkel ready?

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

yikes! is it still raining?

(i think noah looks kinda cute in that cap, though)

:)

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Annieytown said...

I hope it quits raining soon M.
Ohio weather news: On friday it as 62 degrees. On Saturday it went to 28.
I think the gods hate Ohio.
Have a great weekend M!

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

I actually knew someone who had necrotising fasciitis, after an appendix removal. She was very very fat so it ate a lot of her stomach flesh before it got to her organs, but she was in a coma for six months afterwards. Apparently you can see the flesh disappearing in real time (she told me). The surgeeons have to race to get ahead of it. So if your wrist is still there, you're OK...

6:53 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

oh, thank God. *mwah Lulu!*

6:59 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Uh....Lulu is a helpful little thing, no?

So sorry about all that rain. I would be so depressed by now.

My mind wanders too. Of course, it's such a little thing that half the time I can't find it after it wanders off.

7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the chocolate wrap just irritated your eczema, deep cleansing breathes and oh, look, a chicken...
*wanders off to follow a stray thought*

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

Yeah, it was raining during the playoff games, too. Has it stopped yet?

5:26 AM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Maybe it's not necrotizing fasciitis but AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO TA'IF!!!

(There are worse things than necrotizing fasciitis.)

7:25 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7:39 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

are you trying to mess with our minds?

when i first read this post, it's just a cartoon

i return, there is text and the cartoon is on the left

i return again, there is more text (last words) and the cartoon IS ON THE RIGHT

you switched it, yes?

please say you switched it

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

nose to the grindstone there miss!!

10:26 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

speaking with nose to grindstone, I admit it: I SWITCHED IT ALL AROUND! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

xoxo
m

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I agree with urban chick, are you trying to make me look crazy? I'm glad that someone else said it first...

Those might just be the best last words yet.

10:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home